cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Report Template

Markh74
7-Bedrock

Report Template

Good day all

I am new to Windchill and I have been asked to run a report on all Documents in all Contexts that would display there status, state and version as well as the normal items like Name, Created By, modified by etc.

Does anyone perhaps have a report or template that they would be willing to share that I could modify slightly to fit into our org structure.

I am lower than beginner when it comes to report writing in Windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

10 REPLIES 10

I suggest you to take a look at this page 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/wnc-reporting-landing

And also to this article

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Business Reporting(WBR)

Marco
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:Markh74)

Hi there,

There is also OOTB pre-loaded reports which you can save as and play around. Check in the "Reports" node in Site /Org and in contexts as well.

Rgds

Hari

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Do you have access to the site or Org level? You'll need that to be able to see all Contexts when executing unless you bypass access controls. Also this basic query can be accomplished from a search result very easily too.

@Markh74 additional info

for bypass access you need to define that report as a administrator and also, the person who run the report has to be in specific group that is configured to allow the bypassing access. 

one option is to set wt.query.template.unrestrictedGroups

CS292726 - Non-site admin users unable to edit or generate a report

PetrH

Hi there

I have full access to Windchill. My user is part of all groups, profiles and roles etc.

I also have wcadmin access.

We have a brand new Windchill Implementation which I am busy getting ready to Go-Live.

So @Markh74 

You should follow @Marco_Tosin's advice to check the URL links where you will learn how to create Report.

PetrH

Agree, this is simple and good learning experience.

shussaini
15-Moonstone

You can also check out PTC University training on this topic.

regards
~Syed

Definitely worth developing reporting skills!

For this particular request, you can probably get the results just by doing an advanced search on the Documents type.

A trick I use for stuff like this is set Number not equal to 1 (assuming you don't have any documents numbered 1!) Windchill will then return all documents.

You can customize the search columns to add more attributes as needed, then export the results to Excel.

Where you would need a Report would be if you wanted to also know something about what those Documents were related to.  

Hi @joe_morton 

I use an another trick with modify date . I usually set a future date 😄

PetrH 

Top Tags