cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Report Vote in Query Builder

OnurNalbantgl
12-Amethyst

Report Vote in Query Builder

Hi,

I prepared a report in which I will control the promotion flow of documents.

In the report, I try to track which users cast which votes throughout the promotion process and see activities that have not been voted on yet.

OnurNalbantgl_0-1698393867581.png

However, when I report the voting status I can only see those that have been voted.

Do I have a chance to bring those who haven't voted here?

OnurNalbantgl_1-1698393948264.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You need to set the 'Work Item Reference' join between 'Work Item' and 'Wf Voting Event Audit' as an outer join so that the query will return results where a 'Wf Voting Event Audit' does not exist, i.e. no vote has been cast but the 'Work Item' has been generated.  Read this section on table joins:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/whc/whc_en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FQBTablesAndJoinsAdd.html 

And pay special attention to this point regarding outer joins:

Essentially, selecting a value for Outer Join Against means “allow null entries for the unselected table when joining against the selected table”. If a join is an outer join, the link arrow is green instead of blue.

So, in your case, you would want to have the 'Work Item' selected as the "outer join against" table when defiining the outer join.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You need to set the 'Work Item Reference' join between 'Work Item' and 'Wf Voting Event Audit' as an outer join so that the query will return results where a 'Wf Voting Event Audit' does not exist, i.e. no vote has been cast but the 'Work Item' has been generated.  Read this section on table joins:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/whc/whc_en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FQBTablesAndJoinsAdd.html 

And pay special attention to this point regarding outer joins:

Essentially, selecting a value for Outer Join Against means “allow null entries for the unselected table when joining against the selected table”. If a join is an outer join, the link arrow is green instead of blue.

So, in your case, you would want to have the 'Work Item' selected as the "outer join against" table when defiining the outer join.

Top Tags