cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Revise error

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

Revise error

All -

I have a user who is trying to Revise some files. One revises fine, and the next (from the same folder) produces the following string of errors. Does anyone see an obvious reason this might happen? We have tried from his workspace and the commonspace using his account as well asfrom the commonspace with my admin account, but no-go.

We are on Windchill 10.1, M040

Thanks in advance -

Chrystal Johnstone

Seattle WA

---------------------------------------

java.lang.NullPointerException

at wt.epm.workspaces.ReviseAsStoredHelper$AsStoredMember.getByMaster(ReviseAsStoredHelper.java:216)

at wt.epm.workspaces.ReviseAsStoredHelper.substituteModelDependents(ReviseAsStoredHelper.java:430)

at wt.epm.workspaces.ReviseAsStoredHelper.substituteModelDependents(ReviseAsStoredHelper.java:412)

at wt.epm.workspaces.ReviseAsStoredHelper.createAsStored(ReviseAsStoredHelper.java:380)

at wt.epm.listeners.EventServiceManagerUtility.processNewVersionEvent(EventServiceManagerUtility.java:231)

at wt.epm.listeners.EPMStandardEventServiceManager$4.notifyVetoableMultiObjectEvent(EPMStandardEventServiceManager.java:328)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventBranch.intDispatchEvent(StandardKeyedEventBranch.java:298)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventBranch.dispatchVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardKeyedEventBranch.java:245)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.intDispatchEvent(StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.java:288)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.dispatchVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.java:231)

at wt.services.StandardManagerService.intDispatchVetoableEvent(StandardManagerService.java:408)

at wt.services.StandardManagerService.dispatchVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardManagerService.java:313)

at wt.vc.StandardVersionControlService.dispatchVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardVersionControlService.java:1511)

at wt.vc.StandardVersionControlService.signalPersistenceOf(StandardVersionControlService.java:1210)

at wt.vc.StandardVersionControlService$3.notifyVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardVersionControlService.java:532)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventBranch.intDispatchEvent(StandardKeyedEventBranch.java:298)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventBranch.dispatchVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardKeyedEventBranch.java:245)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.intDispatchEvent(StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.java:288)

at wt.events.StandardKeyedEventDispatcher.dispatchVetoableMultiObjectEvent(StandardKey

2 REPLIES 2

What state is it in? Can objects in that state be revised?

Try Set State to a different state that you know can be revised and see if that works.

My users run into legacy files where the drawing is at a proper state for revision but the part (or assembly) is not. I’m not sure if the errors are the same as you’ve listed.

Both parts were at ‘Production’ – our Revise bumps up the rev and sets it back to WIP so it can be modified.

I tried it anyway – set the state back to WIP and then tried to Revise but got the same list of errors.
Top Tags