cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Tracking resources across projects / plans

jbailey
17-Peridot

Tracking resources across projects / plans

Trying to leverage Windchill's planning capabilities, and I have been wondering if anyone else has looked at this. At my place of employment, we have functional Programs and Projects. In Windchill we have logical ways to look at these (Programs, Products and Projects) and corresponding planning tools within each of these.

In my example below, We have Program X which has 4 dedicated resources. Within the program we have 3 projects. 1 of which is under configuration control, so it is a Product context in Windchill. The other two projects are in early formulation, so we are using Project contexts. Each of these projects has a subset of resources to carry out activities in the plans

Laying this out logically in Windchill, I want a Program context that has a plan (and a network including the product and two project contexts). Each context will have it's own team and people responsible for the plans - and using Windchill's Subplan functionality, the individual project plans roll up to the Program plan.

Resource reports / utilization view is quite easy within each context, however I am wondering what could be done to look at resource utilization across the entire program? Or across several selected plans?

In our case, each distinct project would need autonomy in managing their plans, and not have control over any other plan, with the exception of tasks they are assigned in a different context plan.

jbailey_0-1710425704180.png

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags