cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to send mails from Windchill through Office 365

kchaithanya
8-Gravel

Unable to send mails from Windchill through Office 365

Hi All,

For one of our customers, we configured Windchill (WC_11.0 version) and so as Mail Server. They are using Office 365 as their mail server (in cloud). So I configured Windchill SMTP with port 587 and used other properties like user name and password. Now if I send mails from Windchill, logs are showing that they er successfully delivered but actual user is not getting mails in his inbox. As per my knowledge I asked customer's IT admins to Whitelist mails coming from Windchill. They could not understand that and asking me to confirm the mailid to which they need to whitelist. Infact whenever I tried to send mail to any user from Windchill, their mail server logs shows that from address is postmaster@machinename. They are saying that if there is a mailid instead of machine name, they can whitelist. Can u suggest how I can explain better to them.. Please suggest me for the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Krishna Chaithanya

1 REPLY 1
Top Tags