cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Updating Resulting Objects List

CR_9888056
8-Gravel

Updating Resulting Objects List

I've updated some files that are currently in my Resulting Objects list in Windchill. Is there a way to get these files to update to the latest version? It seems the files under the Resulting Objects list doesn't auto-update. 

The only work around is to delete them and re-upload the latest version of the files.

Please see attached screenshot for more clarity 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone, I figured that there's no auto-update function for the Resulting Objects list. I was hopeful, but I guess it wouldn't be Windchill unless you had to redo all your work. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

They always show latest iteration of the version. If you are revising them some thing is wrong in your process. Affected items should be a previous released version and therefore static. Resulting items should be the new version or new objects to be released. Obviously things can be changed for change notice is finished but why would they need to be swapped out with newer versions?

Hi @avillanueva 

I would like to just add a point 

The resulting table shows always latest iteration of the added revision. (sometimes users don't understand that version is revision 😄 )

If you revise the object outside of the change task then the change task contains the old revision and needs to be updated.

User can do it in the creo or workspace. 

I've created function for one customer that can update the old revision to new one in the change task affected object but same thing can be done for resulting table..

Also Idea exists for affected table.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Affected-objects-auto-update/idi-p/771258

PS> OOTB the function does not exists.

The resulting object is not updated to newer REVISION automatically and user has to do that manually.

PetrH 

Thanks everyone, I figured that there's no auto-update function for the Resulting Objects list. I was hopeful, but I guess it wouldn't be Windchill unless you had to redo all your work. 🙂

Top Tags