cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

WPA installation

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

WPA installation

Hello all in this community - recently joined. We are now implementing WPA Compliance. GSO will be here in June. Attempting to prepare and get educated ahead of that.

Trying to install WPA on top an OTB Windcihll 10.1 M040 instance. Getting stuck at every point of the install using the guide. This guide "

wpa_101_M020_installation_guide" has includes these two sentences which have me very puzzled. Tech support case created for them yesterday. Wondering if anyone has additional insight on this point.

Page 14, top

"Create a workspace for the Windchill Product Analytics application Windchill to use the Windchill Product Analytics Process Adapter."

Page 18, bottom

"Type the username to connect to the workspace you created for the Windchill Product Analytics application in Windchill PDMLInk."

Windchill workspaces are for CAD - I've lived in this world for many years. It does not appear that "workspace" is being used here to refer to the same thing but I cannot figure out what is being referred to here. We have one test install of WPA on the same host as Windchill, using the same Oracle instance now - but done by someone who has retired. Now attempting to duplicate this.

Also - the install keeps failing with the message that the installer cannot update the database but I've strictly followed the guide. Second tech support case on this pending.

If anyone has an actual installation procedure for WPA I'd sure like to see it. I'll buy you a beer

We'll of course be happy to share everything we learn during this effort.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Mike any luck? We are also trying to get this up and running. While we've been able to install WPA and the Process Adapter, configuring them to actually work is another thing. The documentation is lacking as is the knowledgebase...

Not much luck on our own, but some after a bit more trying. GSO was in fact at Alcon for a week last June and got all installed and working. Have lost track of things now that I left. Still don't know what "workspace' means in terms of WPA (and still curious).

Top Tags