cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill 11.0 Send materials and BOM to ERP

zeda
6-Contributor

Windchill 11.0 Send materials and BOM to ERP

Hi, guys ^_^

I'd like to ask how to send materials and BOM to ERP. What is the difference between sending ERP manually and sending materials to ERP? And what does manual send CIS mean? When do we need to use this function? Can you give an example?

5 REPLIES 5
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:zeda)

Hi @zeda 

I guess that you are talking about Enterprise System Integration. 

Manual sending is started by user. Automatic sending is started by workflow or any other events that are configured. 

Also it is good idea to get a link to the manual or screen of text section what you point to.  

PetrH

zeda
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr Thank you very much for your reply!

I am definitely a novice administrator of the windchill system. I can't find the link and the relevant document description😩

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @zeda 

Do you know how your system is integrated with ERP? 

If not do you know someone in your org who does it know? Ask him how the integration is set. 

PetrH

zeda
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

@HelesicPetr 

okay,thank you for the direction. I'll try it!

Zeda

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Start here:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2Fsublandingpages%2FESI_admin_sublanding_2.html%23

this is version 12 but should be similar. Double check with your version. We are using the ERP Connector which exports XML files to a folder that get picked up by our ERP system. If you want a direct bi-directional feed, you need the licensed version which has a TIBCO connector specific to your ERP system.  There are actions for Parts that allowing triggering an export manually that show up. Also, there is a workflow that spawns after Change Notices are released that export the entire CN package. BOMS are included as well and you can configure what gets exported.

Top Tags