cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Windchill 12.0 installation supported on SUSE LINUX

PM_11017169
5-Regular Member

Windchill 12.0 installation supported on SUSE LINUX

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: Hi Experts, SUSE Linux platforms supported for Windchill 12 and Windchill 13 PDM link? If yes which SUSE Linux versions are supported. It would be great help if someone can share their thoughts and experiences.

Description:

Hi Experts,
SUSE Linux platforms supported for Windchill 12 and Windchill 13 PDM link? If yes which SUSE Linux versions are supported.
It would be great help if someone can share their thoughts and experiences.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PTC always publishes future platform support to their knowledgebase:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Windchill_PDMLink/compatibility/WindchillFuturePlatformSupportSummary.pdf?sc_lang=en&source=search

I suggest checking that link out. Appear to only support RHEL. Now one of two things will occur. The installer will detect that its not RHEL and not let you continue or it will not care that its SUSE Linux and you can proceed ahead. What I can assure you is that PTC will not support you and never run that for production. But hey, this is Java based, it should run anywhere. It might be possible to install on RHEL and then slide to to SUSE Linux later. I was successful at moving Windchill in the past for SunOS to RHEL, only needed to reinstall Java and Apache. However, you are likely to have problems when attempting CPS updates and forget tech support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried searching the PTC support KB yet?

I found this article with the answer.

Does Windchill support SuSE Linux Enterprise Server in Windchill PDMLink

Marco
PM_11017169
5-Regular Member
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Thanks, Marco, for your reply,

I have gone through it but just want to be sure as if there are any recent updates or any new suggestion from experts. 

Pratik

PTC always publishes future platform support to their knowledgebase:

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/support/refdocs/Windchill_PDMLink/compatibility/WindchillFuturePlatformSupportSummary.pdf?sc_lang=en&source=search

I suggest checking that link out. Appear to only support RHEL. Now one of two things will occur. The installer will detect that its not RHEL and not let you continue or it will not care that its SUSE Linux and you can proceed ahead. What I can assure you is that PTC will not support you and never run that for production. But hey, this is Java based, it should run anywhere. It might be possible to install on RHEL and then slide to to SUSE Linux later. I was successful at moving Windchill in the past for SunOS to RHEL, only needed to reinstall Java and Apache. However, you are likely to have problems when attempting CPS updates and forget tech support.

Top Tags