cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Windchill 12.1 and Standard Profiles

ehowanice
11-Garnet

Windchill 12.1 and Standard Profiles

I'm fairly new to working with Profiles in Windchill.  In 12.1 I'm trying to work with the Standard Profile "Employee" which is defined as "Provides visibility to the Project, Product, Library, and Change Tabs but hides access to CAD data management functionality".  However it appears visibility to many CAD functionality options are enabled, as a matter of fact even the option "Create CAD documents" is enabled. In looking at the settings in 11.2 it appears that many of the CAD related options are disabled.  Wondering if these changes were intentional by PTC or just a mistake ?  About two months I created a case with PTC regarding this matter and didn't get any helpful advice.

Other than document cs314954 has anyone come across a document which explains in better detail or which modules all the various options relate to ?  In the Profile I'm looking at the are over 400 options, as the PTC document list about 20 items only, most of which are self explanatory.  Seems like the profile options could have been better organized by module and provide  more detailed explanations.

Appreciate any help or advice from the community, as lately our experience with PTC tech support has not been all that positive.

6 REPLIES 6

From this article you can download Excel files with the mapping between license profile and actions available for the various versions of Windchill.

Matrix License Profile/Windchill PLM(UI Actions and Functionalities)

PTC has changed several times the possible actions based on the profile.

Marco

Marco - Thank you for the information.  I'm attempting to setup profiles for legacy (perpetual) licenses which makes it a little more challenging.  Since there isn't a complete document which explains all the profile actions, just have to it by trial and error.

Saw this information in an older community post:

To figure out which actions control which buttons, it's helpful to create a couple of test profiles - one with everything turned on and another with everything turned off.  You will quickly discover that there are many commands and buttons not controlled by the standard profiles at all (they are always visible.)

Sure would be nice to have better documentation for the profile actions vs trial and error for over 400 options.

It is always possible to ask support to edit an article by adding clarification or even open a ticket with the same request.

I just did the first thing for this article by linking it to this discussion.

Let's see if it brings any results.

Marco

Below support reply to my request

Marco_Tosin_0-1710315567308.png

Marco

Maybe this hub article can help you

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Standard Profiles

It is the first one I found by performing this search in the PTC support KB

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/search/#q=standard%20profile%20action

Marco

Marco,

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.  I'm going to try to put in an enhancement request related to cs314954 .

Any updates, I'll post back to the forum.

Top Tags