cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill Reporting on Problem Reports with Affected End Items (from Part Master)

FrancisMason
4-Participant

Windchill Reporting on Problem Reports with Affected End Items (from Part Master)

Hi everyone.  I am trying to add Affected End Items to a "Problem Report" report with Report Builder (Windchill PDMLink 11.1).  I have successfully done the same for a "Change Request" report using the below guide but this does not work in the same way for Problem Reports.  Can anyone help?  I need to know what kind of join and any additional tables to go between the Problem Report table and the Part Master table.

(This is the link to the guide for Change Requests -> Affected End Items which works well.)

Affected End Items Part Master Report (ptc.com)

Thanks!

Francis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:FrancisMason)

Hi , I don't have other points on specific joints , but I will tell you how I found the link .

1- created data set (PR with affected end Item)

Fadel_0-1710856109481.png

2- find the Ida2a2 of the PartMaster :

Fadel_1-1710856201049.png

3- run Plfind script (attached the one for Oracle ) to find all references for the PartMaster ID :

Fadel_2-1710856337087.png

Fede

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

use table problem product :

Fadel_0-1710838935619.png

Fadel_1-1710838995094.png

Fede
FrancisMason
4-Participant
(To:Fadel)

Thanks, I'm trying this but not getting any results.  Please share the select tab too.  Thanks.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

better, I will share the entire report as zip ,and you can import it to your base , let me know if you need help with the import

Fede
FrancisMason
4-Participant

Thanks for the follow up.  I will test some more and let you know.  I may even be working with a data set that has no affected end items against problem reports (which would explain the lack of results 😀 )

FrancisMason
4-Participant

Please also show the join screens.  I'm using the same as you but there must be a difference as I'm getting no results as soon as I add the Problem Product table and joins.

FrancisMason_0-1710855605975.png

FrancisMason
4-Participant

Added an outer join and getting some results now.  Testing, but if you have any further info, it's all welcome.  Thanks

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Hi , I don't have other points on specific joints , but I will tell you how I found the link .

1- created data set (PR with affected end Item)

Fadel_0-1710856109481.png

2- find the Ida2a2 of the PartMaster :

Fadel_1-1710856201049.png

3- run Plfind script (attached the one for Oracle ) to find all references for the PartMaster ID :

Fadel_2-1710856337087.png

Fede

Thanks but that's a different thing.  Affected end items are not the same as Affected Objects.

Top Tags