cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill and SiteMinder software

borourke
9-Granite

Windchill and SiteMinder software

We are working with SiteMinder so our users will have one less click(what will the folks do with all of that free time!) but because Windchill(PDMLink 10.2 M020) uses the '#' sign as an anchor character, wi have issues when Siteminder authenticates. Users at another NASA have done a workaround to send the authentication to another web page first to translate the '#' sign to a 23 then turn it back to the '#' symbol. Just wondering if there are any folks using siteMinder and have experienced a similar issue. Thanks in advance and Geaux Tigers!

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Bill,

That is a challenge since the entire traffic is passed through the agent. The option which you have mentioned works good and is commonly followed. Another approach is to disable the # from BadCSSChar CSS checking and I am not sure the security team will like it.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

We are experiencing this as well.  Notifications from Windchill include URLs with the "#' sign and get truncated when clicking, landing the user on the homepage, but only when the user does not have a session with Windchill established.  Upon clicking the link again, it takes them to the object being accessed.

I have been working with our WEB/SSO team and PTC TS and EDC and we seem to be at an impasse.  The workaround mentioned above is interesting, do you have any more information on this?  Maybe I can reach out to them to find out more?

Top Tags