cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Workflow Issue With Termination of a Process of a Process Inside a Change Activity

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Workflow Issue With Termination of a Process of a Process Inside a Change Activity

Nothing is ever easy with Windchill.  And that even comes to workflows.  I have a custom Change Activity workflow.  It has multiple paths that have different approvals and tasks.  So I created their own workflow templates and inserted them as processes in my Change Activity workflow.  Inside of these workflows there are some common tasks, like "rework".  So I created a workflow template for rework and put it in as a process in the different workflow templates.

Everything works fine until I re enter the workflow process inside the Change Activity workflow if I had already done the rework process.  If I had already done the rework process before, it sets it to Terminated and if rework is selected again, it goes into neverland and says that the first sub-process is running without errors.  If I do not go to the rework process and come back into the first sub-process, it doesn't do that.  It also doesn't do it for a process where I push attributes back to the Change Activity itself due to attributes being changed during a task, but all it does it a couple of Execute Expression robots in it.  The Rework has some method robots and some tasks.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

This may be a very simply thing to check and sorry for mentioning if you are an experienced workflow admin. Is the check box for "Loop Link" checked on the arrow leading to the task? It should make it red which tells it to reinitialize the task if you loop back to it. 

@avillanueva this is a process inside of a process.  If the second process had been run and the first process was gotten out of, then when going back into the first process it would terminate the second process automatically upon entry and a "Loop Link" didn't work.  I actually had "Loop Links" going to the first process from this set of decisions that requires items to be checked again in the first process.  It seems that removing the "Loop Link" to the first process actually worked.  It is working backwards from what I thought should happen.  So my deduction is that sub-processes work differently than tasks, conditionals, etc.

Top Tags