cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

exclude document type from workpackage

Alexander_Bgrd
10-Marble

exclude document type from workpackage

Hi,

When creating packages we run into the fact that in the collector all underlying documents are added to a package. This used to be OK, but recently we started using Referenced Documents as well. The problem I'm facing now is that when I create a normal WorkPackage using the default settings in Windchill, the system includes all documents, so also the reference documents:
But I would like to have it include all documents, except the reference document type.
I know I can manually exclude it from the collection rules using Edit Filter and then Type Filter

Alexander_Bgrd_1-1710338165899.png

Alexander_Bgrd_2-1710338165900.png

Alexander_Bgrd_3-1710338165900.png

However this is a manual action everytime and I think there should be a better way.

Therefor I started looking around on the support pages and there I found an article describing this issue with a solution description, but I don't know how to implement:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS157909

Could you help me by pointing me in the right direction? Do you know of any tutorials/instructions to start implementing these kind of changes?

Thanks in advance

kind regards,

Alexander Boogaard
3 REPLIES 3

This looks like you need to implement your own class (Java programming) and register it using that article.  Are you versed in programming and customizations?

Hi,

We have some customizations running, but they were written by an external company. I have no idea how to implement this, but would really like to learn-by-example.

kind regards,

Alexander Boogaard

@Alexander_Bgrd 

@avillanueva is correct. You need to write your own Java class and register it.

The code should be fairly simple, but you do need to be able to write code to make this happen. Or should I say, someone needs to be able to write Java code.

Top Tags