cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

unlock a file when offline

StephenW
23-Emerald II

unlock a file when offline

Working offline today since they doing maintenance and I forgot to unlock an assembly and a drawing I was planning on working on. Any idea if I can unlock the drawing in my workspace when I am offline?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

I just remembered this problem from way back when we got a notification of a system outage this coming weekend. Just wanted to share my solution (coming many moons later). It's really simple and not at all intuitive.

To unlock a drawing (specifically a drawing) when you don't have access to the workspace, simply go to FILE - MANAGE FILE - LOCK...hmmm, you wouldn't think choosing LOCK would do what you wanted but it's actually a toggle (lock/unlock) for locked files in the workspace. It never says unlock, but if the file is locked, it will unlock it and if the file is unlocked, it will lock it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Stephen,

I'm guessing you've probably worked past this by now, but the easiest way to workaround this situation is to backup the locked files to disk and work on them outside of Windchill while the system is down. Once the system is back online, you can unlock the files in the workspace and import the ones from disk into the workspace to update them with the changes.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I just remembered this problem from way back when we got a notification of a system outage this coming weekend. Just wanted to share my solution (coming many moons later). It's really simple and not at all intuitive.

To unlock a drawing (specifically a drawing) when you don't have access to the workspace, simply go to FILE - MANAGE FILE - LOCK...hmmm, you wouldn't think choosing LOCK would do what you wanted but it's actually a toggle (lock/unlock) for locked files in the workspace. It never says unlock, but if the file is locked, it will unlock it and if the file is unlocked, it will lock it.

Top Tags