cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Reporting - Groups and Users

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Reporting - Groups and Users

Like clockwork, someone posts to the world "How can I get all the current membership of Windchill groups?" (exactly what is seen at Org, Groups) for the most part, although this ignores Site-level groups, Since this info is stored in LDAP, it's not available using Windchill reporting. Most new admins are shocked that there is no practical way to dump current Windchill group membship to a spreadsheet. We're still shocked at this as well.

Today PTC posted CS50075, which lists an API which can be used.

Long ago we paid for a custom class which returns the needed info, but don't quite know how it works and don't have the source code.

Does anyone have a practical application of the API listed in this Case Solution?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Mike

Attached is the sample command line utility to get the list of all members in group (including subgroups )

Shreyas

Hello. I'm new to Windchill. While running your java class in windchill shell I get the following error. Please help.

D:\ptc\Windchill>windchill sh.GroupMembers "Guests"
Exception in thread "main" (wt.fc.fcResource/0) wt.util.WTException: The operation:   "getPrincipal" failed.
Nested exception is: wt.util.WTRemoteException: Unable to invoke remote method;
nested exception is:
        wt.method.AuthenticationException
        at wt.method.RemoteMethodServer.invoke(RemoteMethodServer.java:810)
        at wt.services.ServiceFactory$ClientInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceFactory.java:349)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy0.getPrincipal(Unknown Source)
        at sh.GroupMembers.test(GroupMembers.java:32)
        at sh.GroupMembers.main(GroupMembers.java:24)

Top Tags