cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Adobe Reader Extra Font from Pro/E

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Adobe Reader Extra Font from Pro/E

I don't think this is a big deal but just wanted to throw it out there.

Recently we have creating PDF's directly from Pro/E (WF3: various builds between M150& M200). We use the option to Stroke All Fonts so it looks like our drawing in Pro/E.

One of our users just changed the background color in his Adobe Reader 9 to one of the grays available. Edit > Preferences > Accessibility. Uncheck Replace document colors and change the Page Background color.

When he did that and opened a PDF created from Pro/E, the text that you see in black is doubled-up with the same text as white behind it and slightly to one side of the black text. Since the text is in white and nobody usuallychanges the background color, we obviously never noticed it.

Has anyone else found this to be true and do you agree that it's not really a problem? I have added a picture of if so hopefully it will go through.

Steve G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Thank you to David O for the answer.

When the PDF is created, one of the options is to Add Searchable Text. That is what gets created for that feature. We will be discussing whether we want to remove that or not. I am of the opinion that we should keep it. I don't think it is a problem. I don't make the final decisions though so we will see...

Steve G

Top Tags