cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Cannot retrive model

JoseVidal
1-Newbie

Cannot retrive model

When I try to open a model ProENGINEER returns the following error: "Model cannot be retrieved" I tried to change the file name but it didn't worked. What could be causing this? Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

The file might be corrupted. Try to find previous version and open it.

Are you running two different versions of Pro/E at the same time? The file you are trying to open could be have been saved in a higher version. When you try to open it in a lower version (if stored in WF4.0 trying to open in WF2.0) you will get the message that the file cannot be retireved.

No. I'm using WF4.0 This was modelled on another CAD system, and then passed on to me as PRT file. Thanks

If your model was from another CAD system. Go back to your source and request they send you either a STEP ,or PARASOLID. I've noticed Proe likes to use STEP files. Other cad systems will use the .prt extension. Hope this helps

OK. Thanks for your help.

like you see here it is not understandable. "can not be retrieved" will not really offer the user any idea why and it should be implemented a mechanism to interpret models saved in a higher version to offer text. "Model already stored in a higher version and can not be retrieved anymore."  

Top Tags