cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Cross section view. Exclude component from section.

kevin.birch
1-Newbie

Cross section view. Exclude component from section.

How do I make an assembly cross section view and exclude some components from the cross section? For instance, I want to see my pins and bolts un-sectioned. I DO NOT want to just exclude them from being cross hatched. I want them to be viewed as a whole. (Wildfire 2.0)

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kevin.birch)

Kevin,
If I understand what you are asking for, you need to edit the properties of the cross section in the drawing and on the part (s) that you want to exclude from the section, select the EXCL COMP in the menus. It won't look correct until you hit done on the menus and sometimes you have to repaint.

This is how I do it for bolts and other hardware that I don't want to be sectioned, but I still want to see them in my cross section.

Steve

-----End Original Message-----

We are stuck with Pro/Engineer Wildfire 2.0 M090. Has a lot of peoplehad sectioning problems with pro/engineer 2.0 in drawings. The sections are fine one day then a few days later the section looks totally different but no one changed it.
Is this a bug with the that build where sections flip in the drawing?
Evan

To exclude the cross hatching you have to change the visibility of the component at the view level. You can also make a simplified representation and use that in y our cross-section view, change the view from detailed to general and change the view to a simplified rep.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags