Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format with title block incl. Mass properties

ptc-1952964

Format with title block incl. Mass properties

Hello, I want to create a format with a title block. I want Pro/E to fill out certain fields automatically. Some parameters like date and drawing name I can include easily with "&parameter" But can I include a parameter for the mass? It should be filled out automatically when I'm starting the drawing. Of course I generated the mass before in the part. The same applies to the name of the designer. I googled all day and could find a hint... Thanks for your help!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

RE: Format with title block incl. Mass properties

In title block table cell, where you want to mass enter &pro_mp_mass in format file. When you create drawing using this format the mass will come automatically.

Thanks for answering! I already tried this, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I can start the drawing and then add a note with this parameter and it works. But I can't put it into a format file (for a general layout) and it will be filled out automatically when I'm creating a drawing with this format.

we defined a paremeter as "mass". add an relation as "mass=mp_mass()" in the model template. it working! and in the format file, use "&mass" you can give a try!

&_pro_mp_mass should be in a table or table cell. Then only it works.

Either I'm too stupid or something is wrong with my Pro/E... The Idea with the relation should work, but Pro/E always gives me an error stating "Invalid data type combination at right side of expression". Dunno what's worng... I tried to enter "&_pro_mp_mass" (like before &pro_mp_mass) into a cell in the format file. It won't be filled out

"Martin Roderwald" wrote:

Either I'm too stupid or something is wrong with my Pro/E...

Announcements