cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Help with drawing format please

WillyC
1-Newbie

Help with drawing format please

I made a special ProE format by importing a customers Autocad border per his request. Somehow it was started as a C size and then copied to D size, which was the desired final size. My problem is all subsequent drawing sheets using this format think they are C size. Like most problems I encounter in ProE, this is more an annoyance than a real big deal. Does anyone know how to inform this format that it is in fact a D size format? Thanks guys
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:WillyC)

I can think of two things. You need to make sure your format shows D as the sheet size, not just the lines for the border being bigger than C. Down the bottom of the sheet it will say "SIZE:X". I'm betting you've done this anyway because you can't Refit the screen otherwise. The border for a D sheet would go off the page if you re-fitted it and it was a C. The other thing is to re-attach the format for your drawings under "Page Setup". That's a pain if you have a lot of drawings.

I would revise the .frm file, start a new format file set to D size and import the existing format entities and config settings into the new file. Rename the new file to the current format file name and replace in drawings as needed. Regards-

Thanks guys. I was hoping there was a way that would not involve starting over and doing it right. LOL Think I'll mention this to PTC as a desired enhancement. After import, I had to change a lot of fonts and line colors and then added a zillion or so parameters and repeat regions. I don't have the time or inclination to repeat this at this time. Also, this looks to be our only job -ever- for this customer, so I'll just work around it and live and learn. Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Top Tags