cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How do you do a Decal?

JosephLord
1-Newbie

How do you do a Decal?

Does anyone know how to bring in a decal into ProE? We have products that we can print our customers logos on, and I want these to be shown on the model. The surface can be curved as well as flat. I heard something about creating a surface fill, which sounds unnessicary. And when I open Appearance editor, the Decal bar is always greyed out...any help?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:JosephLord)

The decal bar should be available if you use a color other than the Pro-E default. Try creating a new color, and see if the tab opens up. I've done a few textures, but never a decal. I imagine they work the same. Use a jpeg if possible to save memory.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Yeah that works, thanks. Weird, if you don't have people to tell you these things like select another color thats not the pro e default, where would we be?...

Can you try this. Appearance Editor,go to the MAP tab Decal (select the decal file from your hard drive) and apply the settings. if you need you apply the decal to selected surface or the entire part. It is very easy to display the decals on the models. Chander.
Top Tags