cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to cut a section

ptc-2897737
1-Newbie

How to cut a section

I am new to Pro E. In all the documentation and tutorials I have read and completed to date nothing is documented about the proper procedure to cut a simple section in 3d. I would think there might be some procedure that says take plane A and cut thru assembly B. Is there a dynamic section cutting and clipping capability like Catia V5? Where all you have to do is pick the plane you want your clipping plane to follow then you can slide it back and forth clipping the assembly. The clipping plane I found in View Display settings only clipped normal to the screen and did not offer and option to select a plane to follow or offset from.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Mark, The way I do sections or cutaways in an assembly on screen is to do an assembly cut, just like any other protrusion removing material. Pro-e allows you to select components in the assembly to exclude/include from the cut. Mike.

Mark & Mike, To add a cross section to a model, you can do the following: 1. Pick the View Manager icon or pick View:View Manager. 2. In the View Manager window pick the Xsec tab. 3. Pick the New tab. 4. Type in the name, without any spaces in the name, for your cross section and hit enter (NOT the CLOSE button in the window). 5. If you are looking for a planar cross section, take the defaults in the Xsec Create window by choosing DONE (Offset will ask you to sketch the offset). 6. Either pick an existing plane (Assembly plane in an assembly or part plane in a part) or create one. 7. This will bring you back to the View Manager window. 8. Your cross section will now be on the list. 9. Double click on the cross section name and it will be displayed in the model. 10. To go back to the full model, without showing any cross sections, double click on No Cross Section. Dennis

Dennis and Mike. Thank you very much
Top Tags