cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Importing STEP Files - Having to restart Pro|E

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Importing STEP Files - Having to restart Pro|E

All,

I often use 3D models from Mcmaster-Carr's website. I always download the STEP version of the files that I need. Up until about 2 weeks ago, I never had a problem. Now I do.

If I open a NEW session of Pro|E and select INSERT>SHARED DATA>FROM FILE, and then select the STEP file, I have no problem whatsoever. The file imports quickly and looks and functions perfectly.

On the other hand, if I have been using Pro|E for a while (i.e. a few minutes to a few hours), this does not work. During the import, Pro|E does one of two things:

• 1) freezes...NOT RESPONDING, OR
  • 2) imports the STEP file and the geometry looks completely corrupted (almost torn up, crumpled, almost like a crumpled piece of tin foil)

If I exit Pro|E and restart, this fixes the problem.

Is there a config.pro setting or something that needs to be reset?

Wildfire 4.0, M070

Windows XP Professional

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
<u>neal@geometrixeng.c</u>

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags