cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Importing raster image, then modelling

Not applicable

Importing raster image, then modelling

Hello everybody, I have installed CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition 2.0 a few days ago, I now I am exploring its possibilities. I hope somebody can help me with solving this problem: I want to model a car body. I have 4-view blueprint in raster image (JPG). I would like to read this image into the program, and model the body following lines on a blueprint. Is it possible, and if yes, what is the best method (maybe texturing planes with image, like in typical blueprint setup in classic 3D applications)? I will appreciate your help. I have carefully checked this forum before I wrote my post, but haven't found similar problem discussed up to now. Regards, Piotr

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
(To:)

The discussion at http://cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6545 describes an approach to use image data to start a new design. Basically, the ideas is to display the image file as the background of the window you're working in, and draw profile geometry on top of it. Hope this helps, Claus
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your answer, link you sent me looks very interesting. It will take me some time to incorporate and apply this knowledge, but when I acquire good results, presumably I post a short tutorial to this forum for advantage of other users Regards, Piotr
Not applicable

Good luck with that. To turn a screen shot of a sculptured object like a car body into a 3D model, you will need to master some very advanced modeling techniques, and you may also need some advanced surfacing functions that are not included with CoCreate Modeling PE. Also, keep in mind that image data you import will (more than likely) not be the correct size.
Top Tags