cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Inserting parameters after the fact

ptc-169947
1-Newbie

Inserting parameters after the fact

Hi all,

I know there's been talk lately about inserting parameters after the fact.
I've created a mapkey to insert our standard parameters (which are string parameters) in to an empty part. We'd like to use these when our standard start parts do not get used.
I tested the mapkey on a new empty part and it works fine.
When we try it on a part that has already been checked into Intralink 3.3, all the string parameters, except for two, turn in to real number parameters, which cannot be switched back to string.
Any idea as to why is this happening, and how can it be prevented?

Thanks,
Stefan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
lwh
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-169947)

Which ProE version do You use? In which version was the mapkey created?

Do You explicitly define the parameters as string parameters in the mapkey or do You just use the default?

Try to redefine the mapkey with a part already checked in. Does that work on an empty part as well?

Top Tags