cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Parameter issue

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Parameter issue

Our start parts are really old, and even though they have been updated many times they were originally created in 1995! (I just did an audit trail.) As a result files created with these old start parts won't do certain things - for example they won't allow us to pick an Intent Edge. This happens even though the start part files have been saved in WF 4.0 for a year, and before that they were 3.0, then 2001, etc., back to Rev 15 or 16. They still contain something of the original information that prevents some new stuff like Intent Edge from being pickable. So I am making new start parts from scratch. If you have something similar you might want to try the same.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Wow, that sucks! That's a scary though. Hmm, it seems like, then, that every time a new rev comes out, it's time to redo all the start parts to prevent whacky things from happening downstream. I'll pass that on. That's bizarre, and kinda scary. I've had some models behave strangely in the past, but don't know if that was the issue or not. I know I've had some parts where certain features acted differently (intersected datum curves) where they were originally made back when it was the old style. I'll pass that on, thanks!

You don't need to re-create all the start parts to get intent chain selection back. Just open the start parts, change your config.pro (#tools #options) to include "logical_objects" and enter "YES" for the value, and then regenerate the start part from the beginning, and save the start part. All parts created with this new start part will be able to use intent chains. Likewise, any current part can be opened, and with this config.pro option set, regenerated from the begining of the model, and intent chains will then be available on the old part.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2941136)

I opened my options and did a search for that option, but could not find it. I can type it in of course, and set it to "Yes" but no description appears so it seems that it is not available. I also checked the help menu and the term "logical_options" was nowhere to be found. Are you sure this is the correct syntax for this?

The config.pro setting is: logical_objects not: logical_options
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2941136)

Why did you say so? Ah! You did.... Thanks.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:GrahameWard)

"Grahame Ward" wrote:

Why did you say so? Ah! You did.... Thanks.

I had the same problem with our old start parts and tried the logical_objects option. It didn't work until I completely regenerated the model. Force the regen from the first feature using the model player with regenerate features checked.
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:Darrell)

Nah, it's too late, I'm done now
Top Tags