Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printed circuit board conversions to ProE

davidbyrne

Printed circuit board conversions to ProE

I am trying to develop a way to convert Autocad (or DXF, PADS, Orcad) printed circuit board traces into ProE models with thin features for trace depth and trace width. When I bring in the files as a feature into ProE, a .010" trace width from Autocad turns into a line of no thickness in Pro. This really doesn't do me any good, as I have to redraw the whole circuit, offsetting the line .005" to each side. Eventually, I want to automate this process using ProProgram or some other method.

What is a good conversion format to use that will maintain the trace width? Is ProProgram my only hope of automating something like this, or is there another method? I've had Autobuildz recommended. Has anyone used this with any success? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you very much.

David Byrne

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
Announcements