cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Printing a PDF using the embedded PDF creater cause ProE to Crash

sdeboer
1-Newbie

Printing a PDF using the embedded PDF creater cause ProE to Crash

I just upgraded my computer to try to get this to work and I am still having the problem.

When I print a large drawing (task manager shows XTop at 1.8Gb) to a PDF using the embedded PDF creater ProE crashes.

I use to work around this by opening the drawing as a view only but now that also doesn't work.

When I talked to PTC Tech support I was told my computer is not supported and they could not help me. Funny because it is the upgraded version of one that is and the one thatis listed isn't avaialble anymore.

My new computer is:

HP Elitebook 8730W

4 gb of ram

Vista 64

Has anyone had this problem. Any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stephen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:sdeboer)

I don't know if the EULA exists or allows but I remember getting this off the exploder a long time ago.

Ghostscript can pdf anything!

In Reply to Stephen deBoer:

I just upgraded my computer to try to get this to work and I am still having the problem.

When I print a large drawing (task manager shows XTop at 1.8Gb) to a PDF using the embedded PDF creater ProE crashes.

I use to work around this by opening the drawing as a view only but now that also doesn't work.

When I talked to PTC Tech support I was told my computer is not supported and they could not help me. Funny because it is the upgraded version of one that is and the one thatis listed isn't avaialble anymore.

My new computer is:

HP Elitebook 8730W

4 gb of ram

Vista 64

Has anyone had this problem. Any suggestions for fixing it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stephen

Michael R. Jenkins P.E.
Design Engineer
Direct: 816-801-2332
Fax: 816-891-9432

Commercial Vehicle Systems
Haldex Brake Products Corporation
10930 North Pomona Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1215
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:sdeboer)

Correction, I don't know if that one works on 64 bit arch...

Michael R. Jenkins P.E.
Design Engineer
Direct: 816-801-2332
Fax: 816-891-9432

Commercial Vehicle Systems
Haldex Brake Products Corporation
10930 North Pomona Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64153-1215

We use an older command line version of Ghostscript that still works great on XP64. If interested I'll send it.

Rich

On the subject of Ghostscript, does anyone know why I only get the lower left portion of a drawing (no matter what drawing size) when I use gs ps2pdf? I'm using 8.6.2 version.

Karen

Top Tags