cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Restricting a Pro/E parameter to only certain values

mganzer
1-Newbie

Restricting a Pro/E parameter to only certain values

Hi All,

I know I have seen this before, but I cannot find it. isn't there a file that can be created that will restrict Pro/E parameters so that they can take on only listed values? For example you could set a Pro/Eparameter called INTEGER_COUNT so that it could only be set to 1, 2, 3 or 4.

Thanks,

Mark

8 REPLIES 8
cschmid
12-Amethyst
(To:mganzer)

I would also like to understand how to do this.  Let me know if you find more information.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:cschmid)

Restricted_param.txt file

config.pro setting is: restricted_val_definition <drive:\folder>\restricted_param.txt

File format:

ND_ParamDefArr_K01 = {
{Name=Integer
Type=string
Default='1'
Enum={'1','2','3','4','5','6'}

}

}

See https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS51011

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cschmid)

In Creo Parametric 4.0 and later it is possible to create these parameter restrictions interactively.  See video.

(Note:  Video will not be viewable until the moderators approve it.)

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

Bummer it's not available in Creo 3...

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Patriot_1776)

Yeah, only in 4.0 or later.  Here is the related KB article:  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS297223

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

Cool, thanks Tom!

Only the interactive adding of restricted parameters without a restricted_params.dat file is new in Creo4.

You have been able to create restricted params by loading a file since Wildfire2.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:BenLoosli)

That's what I mean.  It's absurd that you'd have to write code, then add a config.pro option to find your code.  what is this, the '80's?  I never had to play with it before, and now it would be useful to me, so hopefully we'll get on Creo 4 before I really have to mess with it.

Top Tags