cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Shrinkwrap help?

bockpa
1-Newbie

Shrinkwrap help?

I am trying to turn an assembly of solid parts into a single solid part, Step file.

I can get "merged, solid" shrinkwrap to work up to a level 5 with additional components selected. I don't know why level 6 and higher doesn't work?? Apparently it can't merge the parts together.

For some reason, the shrinkwrapped assembly "part" won't convert to a solid step part. It will come out as only surfaces.

As a test, single parts and smaller assemblies will convert to solid step file without any problems.

At this point I don't even care about hiding parts with the shrinkwrap technique.

Thereare probably bad modeling techniques /interfering parts, etc in these models.

any suggetsion is welcomed.

PaulBock

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
bockpa
1-Newbie
(To:bockpa)

I'm still trying to get this to work.

To all of those that suggested saving the original pro/engineer assembly as a single step file and then read it back into a pro/e part... The imported data looks like "popcorn". It looks like all the parts are assembled on top of each other using their own coordinate systems instead of their original assembly locations.

I'll keep trying variations of the ideas presented..

Thanks for the input, and I welcome any other ideas.

specify a coordinate system while exporting
Top Tags