cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Special characters in drawing notes

ptc-263574
1-Newbie

Special characters in drawing notes

When I cut and past a special character into my note editor in Pro/detail the special character changes to a question mark when I save and exit the editor. How can I add a special character to a drawing note without the character changing? I am trying to add a greater-than or equal-to character. I am using WF 3.0.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Workaround: Insert a greater-than symbol and underline it. Don't know about the rest! Best regards! JVidal

There is a recent post that suggests a very clever solution to your particular symbol issue. Simply change the style of a "<" or ">" to Underlined, and you will have what you want.

One solution was: There is a recent post that suggests a very clever solution to your particular symbol issue. Simply change the style of a "<" or ">" to Underlined, and you will have what you want. Problem with this solution is that it underlines the entire note not just the symbol.

There's a little bit of "trickery" involved; see the referenced post: http://www.ptc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4681
Top Tags