cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Using same parts in assems

RandyGentry
1-Newbie

Using same parts in assems

I have a lot of parts in my assems that are used more that once. For example a bushing on the left also gets used on the right. Now when I try and add them to my assem(the same part through the assemble command) they totally mess up my other parts that are the same. Like the original part constraints go all batty. But if I click the rebuild button about 5 times they will eventually start to work. Any ideas why it is doing this.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

NV mind i figured it out. Seems that when I try to constrain my parts to geometry it tweaks. But if I do it to datums like the original file it works fine.
Top Tags