cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

cutting a solid with a surface quilt in WF4

WillyC
1-Newbie

cutting a solid with a surface quilt in WF4

Can someone please tell me how to remove solid material from one side or another of a surface quilt in part mode? I've been using WF 4.0 for 2 or 3 months and still find extreme frustration in the execution of certain tasks I used to perform left-handed and blindfolded in simpler times. Another rapidly escalating gripe of mine: When using Help, literally every search returns the equivalent of the entire Shanghai phone directory. It should be renamed Haystack. Thanks for listening, Will
5 REPLIES 5
WillyC
1-Newbie
(To:WillyC)

I just found my answer in the Precision LMS trainer. Much better than Haystack 1.0. Solidify...DUH! Of course. Makes perfect sense. Thanks

"Willy Chidichimo" wrote:

Another rapidly escalating gripe of mine: When using Help, literally every search returns the equivalent of the entire Shanghai phone directory. It should be renamed Haystack. Thanks for listening, Will

It would be nice if the search function had a ranking system like a google search. Even when you type a search using a proe command word-for-word it returns a long list of garbage to dig thru. For example: sketch line Totally amazing! Sometimes it just cracks me up! I have found if I click the 'show navigation', I can scan the CONTENTS easier than the search command.

Yes haven't seen the books since release 20. Those that have an "Upgraded Customer Support Web Account" with PTC can access the reference documents in PDF format, they are the electronic equivalent of the books. They certainly do not match the feel of having a book in hand, however they are easier to use than the online help for me. Regards

this forum is the best help. you cannot solidify if the quilt is not completely trimmed up and with no gaps or anything. keep an eye on that. look for a pink edge if it doesnt let you right away. its very picky.
Top Tags