cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

elimination of trailing zeros in sketcher

ptc-2799282
1-Newbie

elimination of trailing zeros in sketcher

WHEN DIMENSIONS ARE SHOWN IN SKETCHER THAT HAVE EXTRA TRAILING ZEROS, THE ATTEMPT TO ELIMINATE THEM IS NOT ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL. FOR EXAMPLE, AFTER SKETCHING A DIMENSION MAY DISPLAY AS 0.45100000. TO ELIMINATE THEM, FIRST I CLICKED ON THE DIMENSION AND UPDATED TO 0.451 THEN I CLICKED ON THE BLUE CHECK MARK TO ACCEPT THE SKETCH, THE SKETCH INFO IS THEN COMPILED AND THE SOLID MODEL IS THEN DISPLAYED. REGARDLESS IF THE MODEL IS SAVED FOLLOWED BY SELECTING ON SAME SKETCH OR IF THE SKETCH ICON IN THE TREE IS SELECTED IMMEDIATELY, THE RESULTING SKETCH DISPLAY STILL SHOWS 0.45100000..00 I APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THE SOLUTION TO THIS CONDITION. see attached PDF OF THE 2D DRAFT DRAWING, WITH TRAILING ZEROS. Thanks for your help FRANK OELLIG
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried setting your config.pro to the sketcher_dec_places? Another one is default_dec_places in the config.pro. This should help.

Eric, I had the settings set to 3 places per the attached as of when I was trying to truncate to 3 places. However, I am not sure they were set to 3 places when I started this model several weeks ago. So, should the problem go away if the settings were not to 3 places when the model was first made and then subsequently set to 3 places with additional attempts to truncate to 3 places. Thanks, Frank Oellig

Frank Typically a change to decimal settings would not impact older sketches, so if this particular one was started before the change, than it would retain the extra places. I would also say that the number of default dec places used for the model might override changes to a sketch if the model was started prior to any config.pro change. A person that has played with more might have the exact answer on when the config option applies itself to the model. Sometimes I will use the beat into submission tech on a model until the results are right. Regards Eric

What I think is happening is that many times when a sketch has a lot of geometry and constraints in it, sometimes the number goes out to the max decimal places. Change the number by a significant amount, let it regenerate, then change i to the number you want.
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:DELETEME)

I don't think the number of decimal places will automatically update to a lower number of decimal places the way it does with increasing the number of decimal places. To change the decimal places to 3 select the sketch or feature, RMB>Edit, select the dimension you want to change, RMB>Properties and change the decimal places.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags