cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

mass of a wire

ptc-2046907
1-Newbie

mass of a wire

Im trying to find mass of a wire/cable in pro/engineer wildfire2 using procabling,what i have done is just routed a wire of 1000mm length and trying to figure out the linear density of the wire,as linear density is mass/length im unable to get the correct density as it dosent match the specifications of the wire standard,so am i looking the wire mass in wrong way so can somebody help me how to find the mass of a wire.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You can specify the density (weight/length) value as a column in the wire spool. The system can then use this value and the length of the wire to compute the mass.
Top Tags