cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

solidify a shrinkwrap

JohnRichardson
1-Newbie

solidify a shrinkwrap

i have a shrinkwrap part composed of 100's of external copy geom features. i want to solidify this part. how do i do that? TIA
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

In order to solidify any imported geometry must be a closed quilt. I don't know the details of your geometry an how is been imported so I connot help you. I general any imported geometry can be healed if your license include the PRO/SCAN module, that allows to close the various facets into close quilts. Any close quilt can be solidify. Another way is to copy the facets an try to patch the gaps with surfacing techniques. Refer to the on line help for PRO/SCAN and PRO/SURFACE topics. Hope to br helpful.

thanks for the reply. we don't have the scan module and there are probably 1000's of gaps in this shrink wrap so repairing it would be very very time consuming.

I am very sorry to hear this. Unfortunateley there is no other way to solidify a quilt. Where the original part is designed? How is it been imported? (ie step,igs)Is it worth to copy the facets and fill the gaps with boundary surfacing? If the gaps are very small you can easyly fill them without even concerned for tagency conditions. Further if you like you can e-mail me your geometry to have a look.

thanks for the help. i don't know if we have the orginal model from which the shrinkwrap was built from. if not, i may have to heal the model myself, which will be A LOT of work

John, When you export your assembly as a shrinkwrap in the first place, why don't you use the "Merge Solid" option instead of the surface option? That way your exported model will be a single Pro/E solid part comprising the geometry of all components of your assembly. From the assembly, File >> Save A Copy and choose "shinkwrap" as the type.
Top Tags