cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

windows open

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

windows open

Hi all, i am trying to create some new assemblies, parts & drawings from existing files but have hit a problem, Pro-e informs me that i cannot have more than 15 windows open at any one time. I find this hard to believe, there are people out there using much bigger assemblies than i am, any ideas chaps? Thank you John
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

John, I have also run into this 15 window limit, and do not know why it is such. Dennis
BenMuston
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-154724)

Yes, this is the limit on the number of windows, however it is not the limit on the number of models that can be open. In Pro/E simply closing the window doesn't close the file (because the files are still in memory). In theory you can have an unlimited number of models in memory ("in session"), but you can only display 15 separate windows. If you have an assembly open it can contain much more than 15 models. So simply close the windows after you have saved the models to allow you to open more models.

Thank you Ben, i'll remember that for next time. Regards John

If you want to create a new version of an assembly, containing some existing and/or some new parts, just do a Save a Copy on the top-level assembly. You then get the option to also create copies of some or all components within the assembly; and when you save a copy of a part or assembly, the associated drawing should also be copied (at least it does with our setup - not sure whether there's a config option, or other constraints on this). HTH!
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:JonathanHodgson)

When doing a save copy, the drawing will only copy with the part or assembly if the drawing name is exactly the same.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:CBenner)

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/1580

You may have to cut and paste. When I try this I am getting an error, but when I paste it, is get to the product improvement idea.

Product idea to vote on.

Thanks, Dale

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags