cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

STP/IGS Viewer?

cjohnstone
3-Visitor

STP/IGS Viewer?

All -

I have a user doing an offsite presentation in a few days, and we are looking for a (preferably free) model viewer so he doesn't have to deal with our VPN or logging in to Creo. I did a quick search here and see several older posts for products from eDrawings, Kubotek and Delcam - is there anything new and exciting that we should look at as well?

Thanks in advance -

Chrystal Johnstone

Seattle, WA

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cjohnstone)

Creo View Express is free.

Thanks, Tom and Steve -

I didn't realize you could use the CreoView products independent from Creo and/or Windchill. This is perfect!

Chrystal
egifford
4-Participant
(To:cjohnstone)

Chrystal,

Just be sure to check the matrix that Tom linked to. The free version has some limitations (last I knew) with what file types it can open. I believe one of either IGS or STP required an up-option, paid version. It's a good tool to work with if that limitation isn't an issue.

Erik

Good point - I noticed that on the matrix; so we did try opening a .asm file, and it did just what we needed.

Thanks again, everyone!

Hello,

Erik is right. There are some limitations. Here's how you can use Creo View to import STP and IGS files.

STP files - Imported in Creo View Lite and Creo View MCAD

IGS files - Imported in Creo VIew MCAD only

Hope this helps.

Madhavi

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags