cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

component cut out process at assembly mode

ptc-1090822
1-Newbie

component cut out process at assembly mode

I have a one main assembly, in that assy i assemble one more sub assembly and again i assemble one single component. Now i want to cut out in that single component by reference of that sub assembly. For that i go to edig -> component operation -> Cut out -> i select single component -> system ask reference for cut out process -> i select that sub assembly -> now system shows warning "The selected entity is external. It cannot be backed up." So can you tell me that why this warning shows and cut out process not done? what is right path and method? Thanks in advance Bhupendra Patel
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I believe you need to select the components of the subassembly and not the subassembly itself. I'm not sure about the warning message.

Open the top level assembly > select the part in which you want to make cut in model tree > right click > active > make cut Once you finished right click on top level AS. and activate it.

Hi You want to take cut of single component with reference to sub assembly. Simple method as in previous post of Baljinder is Select component to cut out--RMB ---Activate---Go for cut--take reference of sub assembly in sketch---Select top level assembly--RMB---activate. Thanks, Amit Patil
Top Tags