cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

explode position

eric.mills
1-Newbie

explode position

When I typically explode an assembly I like to use the offset normal to a plane to move components to the exploded position I want them, moving is done via dragging. Has anyone found a way to input a discrete distance offset using offset normal to a plane? The distance is shown in a gray box on the explode menu, but say you want a set of components moved 125 units from starting point, has anyone been able to input a value? This would be a nice enhancement if it does not have that function already in WF4 or WF5. I'm on WF3 right now. Thanks Eric
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Eric, I has not changed in WF4. Agreed that it would be nice to be able to type in a value for the offset distance. Have you set the increment to 125 then moved the components? Not very elegant but puts them 125 units from where they were. Regards-

You might want to install theese mapkeys in your config.pro, if you modify a lot of explodes. mx: modify explode: Asks for normal plane to move to. The "step" is set to 25. You can change if you want. sx: save explode: After finish modify, click mouse middle botton once, and type sx. mapkey mx @MAPKEY_LABEL modify explode;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `View.push_view_vistool`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `visual_dlg0` `PropertiesBtn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `visual_dlg0` `ExtLay.EditPositionBtn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Update `mod_exp` `transopt` `25`;~ Activate `mod_exp` `transopt`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Open `mod_exp` `directoptions`;~ Close `mod_exp` `directoptions`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `mod_exp` `directoptions`1 `Plane Normal`; mapkey sx @MAPKEY_LABEL save explode;~ Activate `mod_exp` `okbutton`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `visual_dlg0` `Table`2 `exp0001` `name_column`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `visual_dlg0` `EditPanel`1 `Table`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Open `visual_dlg0` `EditPanel`;~ Close `visual_dlg0` `EditPanel`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Select `visual_dlg0` `EditCascBtn`;~ Close `visual_dlg0` `EditCascBtn`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `visual_dlg0` `Save`;~ Activate `save_views_dlg` `ok`;\ mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `visual_dlg0` `CloseBtn`;
Top Tags