cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

how to resize a circle

ptc-2974875
1-Newbie

how to resize a circle

How can I enter a numeric size for a circle or rectangle after they are on the work plane but not extruded? I have looked until I am nearly blind to find this function.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I found how to change the radius of a circle but now I can't find how to change the dimensions of a rectangle.

Open the Modify2D dialog box, select Stretch. Select the items to move (build a box around the area you wish to move) Select a move option. (horizontal vertical or two points) If you use the horizontal or vertical options, enter a value (you can use negative values) If you select two points, select the starting point and ending point.

Where would I input my new dimension? And in what context?

Hello, as Mike stated you need to Stretch the lines of a rectangular and to either use horizontal or vertical. YOu select Horizontal - enter the value you need to stretch the line and click OK. Same applies to Vertical. To change the radius of a circle very easily is going to be addressed in our upcoming CoCreate V17 version of the professional Modeling version. For a good overview on what to expect here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_YeYQ8ZWdk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBzXMU5Lkw

What is the format of the input for the length? Whenever I input a new length I get several different dialogs opening telling me I am not doing it correctly. I enclosed the new length in () and "" neither works.

Do not expect CoCreate Modeling to behave like Parametric Based modelers that you may be used to. You do not just throw down a shape in 2D and then modify it. You can enter explicit dimensions(lengths, radii) in the command entry line while you are building your 2D geometry. In most cases, it is easier to modify 3D geometry than it is to modify 2D.
Top Tags