cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Arbortext 5.3 stripping forward slash from empty elements

ptc-923889
1-Newbie

Arbortext 5.3 stripping forward slash from empty elements

Hi,

Arbortext is stripping the / from empty elements when I load them, e.g.

<header:metadata-item name="create-date" value="20100920"/"> becomes

<header:metadata-item name="create-date" value="20100920">

so the document isn't even well formed any more. However, Arbortext still gives it a clean bill of health (no completeness errors). Can someone please point me at the setting in Prefs that fixes this - none of my colleagues is having this issue.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

The / at the end of an empty element is an XML characteristic. The lack of one on empty elements is an SGML characteristic. Are you sure that your doctype is not being compiled as SGML?

Or is it using the alternate presentation of empty? If it is reporting the
XML is correct than this:

<header:metadata-item name="create-date" value="20100920"/">

most likely became:

<header:metadata-item name="create-date"&lt;br"/>value="20100920"></header:metadata-item>

They are equivalent content.

..dan

> The / at the end of an empty element is an XML characteristic. The lack
> of one on empty elements is an SGML characteristic. Are you sure that
> your doctype is not being compiled as SGML?
>

In Reply to John Hanratty:
Are you by any chance using 5.3 M010? We had the same problem when we tested that particular version, and opened a service call. The problem is resolved in 5.3 M030 and later versions.

Meghan Fiero

Hi,

so the document isn't even well formed any more. However, Arbortext still gives it a clean bill of health (no completeness errors). Can someone please point me at the setting in Prefs that fixes this - none of my colleagues is having this issue.

Thanks.

In Reply to Meghan Fiero:

Yes, I am using 5.3 M010. What a nasty little bug! I will get the latest maintenance release and test to see if it fixes the issue for me too. Thanks for the info!

In Reply to John Hanratty:
Are you by any chance using 5.3 M010? We had the same problem when we tested that particular version, and opened a service call. The problem is resolved in 5.3 M030 and later versions.

Meghan Fiero

Hi,

Thanks.

That's why we have maintenance releases J

Do you know whether there are any issues with M050?

In Reply to Peter Li:
That's why we have maintenance releases J

Presumably, yes, there are issues with M050 as the 5.3 branch is up to M210 now... so, 21 maintenance releases on top of the original release.

If you wanted more specific information about the issues/fixes you should check the "product release notes" shipped with M210 to see what changed in each maintenance release.

-G

These email alerts to available updates are quite handy also!

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/subscriptions/subscriptions.jsp?p=tab_summary

Cheers

Chris

Chris Western
www.tformat.com

Top Tags