Arbortext Editor 5.3 connected to Arbortext Content Manager 9.1
My customer has 3 or 4 users who access Arbortext Editor frequently and also frequently work across a range of workspaces rather than just one and are experiencing problems with the speed of connecting the Editor to the ACM in order to browse for content.
Their workspaces correspond to different categories of content which are held in different context Libraries as follows:
Mechanical Engineering Marketing Sales
The delay occurs when the user is connecting to the Context (Library) after clicking the Finish button or changing Workspace.
For instance a user estimates it takes him 45 seconds or more to connect to the Marketing Library. He works most regularly in this folder and therefore has the most cached work in the workspace.
They have asked users to connect on their own PC using the administrator's login details and they connect noticeably more quickly, also if connecting as themselves on a different PC there is less delay which is leading them to think this problem is to do with the increasing size of the caches on their local PCs.
This may be a normal housekeeping issue which we are not aware of so any help you can give us would be most appreciated, i.e. is there anything they can run client side or server side to refresh caches?
We have asked them to clean workspaces and this doesnt seem to make any difference.
EXTERNAL: Arbortext Editor 5.3 connected to Arbortext Content Manager 9.1
Since they are having different connecting problems on different PCs, this is probably not the source of the problems, but it is the only thing I can think of:
We have had various network latency problems in the past using our own, home-grown document management system. The problem is related to illustration files. We used to have our illustration files stored on a server in a remote location and updating them was painfully slow. We moved them to a server in our local domain and the problem went away.
Like I said, I don't know if network latency related to the location(s) of any server(s) is part of your problem, but as a last resort you might consider noting the location(s) of the Libraries in relation to the location(s) of the various PC work stations.