cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Arbortext Editor DOM Level 3?

MathiasH
1-Newbie

Arbortext Editor DOM Level 3?

Hi,

we are currently using Arbortext Editor 5.4 M020. We are extending the editor with Java functionality; one of the third party components used by our tool uses DOM Level 3 (in detail: Node.getTextContent()).

Is there a reason why the editor does not implement DOM Level 3? The supplied Java Version (1.6.0.13) shouldn't be the problem...

Is there a way to add DOM Level 3 support to the editor?

Best regards,

Mathias Harbeck

3 REPLIES 3
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:MathiasH)

Mathias, can you give us a better idea of what you're trying to do that requires DOM Level 3? There may be a way to do what you're doing, just not the way you've planned on doing it.

Liz, I had the requirement to integrate Apache CXF for accessing some webservices. And since CXF uses DOM Level 3 API, some methods failed with a ClassNotFoundException.

Meanwhile, I solved the problem by using other ways to connect to the server...

lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:MathiasH)

Can you tell me more about what drives this requirement? What were you trying to do in Editor?

Glad to hear you got your problem solved another way. Post the solution for posterity?

Announcements

Top Tags