cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Arbortext IsoView 7.3 doesnt display CGM files

ptc-5264637
1-Newbie

Arbortext IsoView 7.3 doesnt display CGM files

I have Windows 7, IE 9, and some security settings which turn various things on and off in IE9 to make it more secure

Arbortext IsoView Control is Enabled in manage add-ons

I can view the majority of items in the WebCGM static-graphics (V1-3) tests, and the dynamic10 (V4) tests,

However, when I try the WebCGM 2.0 add-on test modules, each time the page loads, I see a 'PTC' image, instead of the CGM object.

Pressing F5 or Ctrl-F5 results in a different PTC image, and I simply cant get the CGM object to display

Same thing happens for the WebCGM 2.1 Test Suite

The PTC image that appears, for example, says "Arbortext IsoDraw Intelligent Graphics, PTC.COM", or "Arbotext IsoView Evaluation Copy, PTC.COM" and I simply cant get the 2.0 or 2.1 drawings to appear.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark Tighe wrote:

... The PTC image that appears, for example, says "Arbortext IsoDraw Intelligent Graphics, PTC.COM", or "Arbotext IsoView Evaluation Copy, PTC.COM" and I simply cant get the 2.0 or 2.1 drawings to appear...

It looks like you need a separate license for Arbortext IsoView.

Thanks

This is the eval version. Same symptons apply to the licensed version

For reference, it was a IE9 GPO issue that was preventing the controls from loading.

The next hurdle is to associate the .CGM file type with IE9 so IE9 displays the cgm file when its double clicked. Looks like a batch file is required to do this.

Top Tags