cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Calling batch exstension on macro command line.

KevinWells
1-Newbie

Calling batch exstension on macro command line.

Hi all,

I am running IsoDraw 7.0 M010. I'm trying to run the batch extension on a macro command line, but it crashes if i specify a macro.

im using the syntax spec'd in the manual:

Extension sPlugIn "-s" + sSourceDir + " -d" \

+ sTargetDir + " - m" + sMacroName

Note the space after the dash before the "m" flag. this is obviously wrong. but ive tried it every way i can think of. It works fine if i dont call a macro.

Thanks in advance. if any of you guys are using this functionality sucessfully i would love to know about it.

Kevin

3 REPLIES 3

To help with these strings that you have to build, I'd recommend using a message command to troubleshoot. You can do this from a debug window or just add it in a simple macro. You can then get the line to read as you expect and then plug it into your final macro.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but it may help.

Thanks, Trevor,

I have checked the syntax with output. I've changed the order of the params to no avail. I'll try to post a snip. I've tried calling different macros, very simple ones as well. It does appear that this functionality is broken. Hopefully i'm just doing something wrong and someone is getting it to work.

Looks like IsoDraw macro "Extension" command is broken(?). I've been able to call IsoDraw.exe from perl using Win32::Job. works like a charm with much more control. for those interested:

use Win32::Job;

my $exec= 'IsoDraw7.exe';
my $execPth= 'C:/Program Files/PTC/Arbortext IsoDraw 7.0/Program/';
my $params=" -ext batch7_en.isp -s\"$mySourceDir\" -d\"$myOutputDir\"' -f24 -m\"$myMacro\"";
my $job = Win32::Job->new;

$job->spawn($execPth.$exec,$exec.$params);
my $execOp=$job->watch(\&countExportedFiles, 5, 1);

&doSomethingWithResult($execOp) if $execOp;

Top Tags