cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Composing Documents Using XSL Stylesheets with Arbortext Pub

ptc-2071564
1-Newbie

Composing Documents Using XSL Stylesheets with Arbortext Pub

When composing documents to PDF or previewing them using an XSL stylesheet with Arbortext Publishing Engine, graphics do not appear. I am using ArborText 5.3 M010. I have turned OFF pegraphiccpi. But still I am facing this proble. Where as I am able to preview the documents in local machine ( If won't use PE).
2 REPLIES 2
lfraley
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2071564)

Are the graphics somewhere the publishing engine can find them? Were the graphics entity declarations created correctly?

I have this problem before as well. This problem is pretty wired.

When compose using PE, Arbortext will package the content and send to Arbortext Publish Engine. In the temp folder of PE, I see the XML content was send over but graphics were not no matter pegraphicpi=on or pegraphicpi=off (Which is different than what the document said. May be I did something wrong I don't know. I am using Arbortext 5.3 M150).

If PE is on a remote server, I have not find a way to solve it.

If PE is on your local machine, there is a way I find out.

In PE case, unparsed-entity-uri(gnbr) will return empty string. But there is a PI can be used to get the graphic file path. The following is my code to get the graphic path:

<xsl:variable name="v_graphic_path">
<xsl:variable name="v_graphic_path_nbr" select="unparsed-entity-uri(gnbr)"/>
<xsl:variable name="v_graphic_path_pi">
<xsl:for-each select="following-sibling::node()[1]">
<xsl:value-of select="saxon:get-pseudo-attribute('path')"/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="normalize-space($v_graphic_path_nbr) != ''">
<xsl:value-of select="$v_graphic_path_nbr"/>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="normalize-space($v_graphic_path_pi) != ''">
<xsl:value-of select="$v_graphic_path_pi"/>
</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:call-template name="f-log-error">
<xsl:with-param name="p_msg">Faile to get Graphic path! XPath: <xsl:call-template name="f-get-xpath"/></xsl:with-param>
</xsl:call-template>
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

Announcements

Top Tags