cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Composition Batch Processing

AllissaLeach
1-Newbie

Composition Batch Processing

Where can I find out how to execute ACL code? I am researching task to read a list of files (XML) and generate a PDF using the FOSI and PE. I have found some funcions I would use, but I don't know how to put it together. Thanks for any ideas to point me in the right direction. Thanks. Allissa
2 REPLIES 2

Arbortext Editor includes fairly good introductory documentation for ACL. It's organized a little differently if you're looking at the older, "Windows Help"-style documentation or the newer, "Help Center" application. I'd start by reading through most of the "Arbortext Command Language (ACL)", "Overview of Arbortext Command Language" section, particularly the "Startup command files" topic, which describes most of the locations where you can place your code so it gets run at the right time. Under "Customizing Arbortext Editor", "Customizing startup files", the "Startup command syntax" topic will describe the various command-line options available when invoking Editor, including options to kick off arbitrary ACL code. In the Help Center, most of this information is located under "Programming", "Arbortext Command Language Reference", "Introduction to Arbortext Command Language (ACL)", but "Startup command files" and "Startup command syntax" are under "Administration", "Arbortext Editor, Styler, and Architect", "Arbortext Administrator's Guide", "Customizing Startup". Alternatively, the "Modifying the default menus" topic (again, different locations in the two help systems... try a search for this one) describes how to create custom menus to invoke your ACL code. Hope this gets you going in the right direction. -Brandon

I created a script and it works on my PC (VISTA) but does not work on the server (Windows 2003). The server is a Virtual machine I set up Arbortext just like my PC. I tested on another Virtual machine and it works. I will have to get with our SA to figure this one out. Thanks for you help. Allissa Leach
Top Tags