cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Core ACL Updates

ailko
5-Regular Member

Core ACL Updates

Hello all, I am a first time poster on this community forum and I was hoping to get community feedback on if the following would be worth an enhancement request. As I have engaged on customization projects, a few similar requirements have required repeated custom code to achieve.

1) oid_find_child_attrs() and oid_find_parent_attrs() are unable to locate schema defaulted attributes. I feel this is an issue because Styler and oid_xpath functions are able to detect these defaulted values, whereas these two functions are unable to.

2) oid_find_children() and similarly named functions. On the face of it, one would assume that I would be finding children within a target oid, but this function infact returns all descendants. Would be a nice feature to possibly have a flag to find just direct children of the target oid. Also on this note, would be nice to have an oid_find_ancestor() that worked up the tree instead of being required to loop using oid_parent()

3) ACL oid_xpath functions supporting change tracking in the document. When change tracking exists, oid_xpath functions attempting to see into/out of will throw internal errors. Non xpath oiid functions will handle change tracking fine and will also respect change tracking view. Xpath in the stylesheet also supports change tracking markup as well as the change tracking view. It would be nice to see oid_xpath functions behave similarly to these other use cases.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags